Friday, July 01, 2005

Victory!

It was a long time pending desire to learn french. Since now a days, life is very relaxed & I've lots of time, I joined a french course 6 months ago.

It was real fun. When the course was started, I was the only one in the whole class without any prior knowledge in French. Most of the other students were from Europe & they had French in their acadamics or at least had some exposure to it. The course was supposed to be taught comletely in french. Learning a language in the same language? Quite strange. Of course, I used to wave my hand & say "Excuse me... I'm here..." to make my tutor translate things in English. Probably I was the most difficult student she had ever.

The final exam was conducted about a month ago & the results are out now. Can you guess the result? Well... you've under estimated Karthi very much... I've passed the exam with whopping 83.5% and very comfortable second rank in the class. Third rank was 71%. (Btw, don't ask about first rank holder. I won't tell you that she scored 91.5%. Disgusting! :( My prime goal was to beat her. But, I failed miserably!)

Anyhow, learning a new language is very much exciting. Comparing the features of one language to another makes us to think about the way languages are structured. It is a very nice experience. If possible, try learning a new language & have fun!

Au revoir!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Buddy !! Convey my wishes to that GAL who got FIRST Rank too ;)

Keep improve in all direction ..

Chithuu !