Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I am back!

Finally I am back to India! And finally, after more than a month, I am getting time to blog about that!
My two years stay in Belgium has come to an end. These two years were very different from my previous period in many ways.
1. The life outside office was so organized to the extend I was feeling a bit bored after office hours.
2. Healthy: Playing squash once a week, walking to office covering a distance of 2kms one way, regular work outs, pollution free environment, stress free work, sticking to healthy office working hours, regular eating & sleeping timings, relaxing on weekends... what else is required for a healthy life
3. Educative: understanding & appreciating good things in a different culture, totally different way of working & discussing (you know, there can be teams which wrapes up all discussions within 2 mins! I still remember a 3.5hrs meeting we had in my previous company :( ), effective use of open source products, an excellent practical introduction to XP/agile methodologies. I couldn't expect a better team than the one I had Very friendly, helpful & highly talented.
Most important of all, I learnt cooking! One good thing about on-site is everybody learns cooking! You know, even ladies cook while on-site! :)
Now I am back to bangalore. There are many things to crib about: traffic, pollution, pressure at work, etc. In spite of all these, I feel happier here. Easier access to family and friends, more intimate work place, feeling like company is on my schoulder (!), etc. One more thing I love in bangalore is weather. Summer in bangalore is lot better than that in Belgium. Then think about winter. Belgium weather is horrible.
In short, so far no regrets about my decision to come back. That is really a good feeling, right? :)

No comments: